Tea Trade Mart
Tea Education Classes
By submitting recipes to the Amazing Scone Baking Race™, the entrant is representing his/her recipe as original and owned exclusively by the entrant. Judges will disqualify previously published recipes, including those published in any magazine, cookbook, recipe website, or other recipe contest, unless the recipe features changes considered significant by the judges.
Judges will have full discretion to determine whether changes are significant. All finalists are solely responsible for complying with any applicable copyright restrictions, and the Amazing Scone Baking Race™ sponsors, its agencies and the judges assume no obligation in that regard.
Each and every eligible recipe submitted to the Contest will be read by an experienced team of food professionals.
· Recipes using alcohol as an ingredient will not be accepted. Recipes may not have won previous awards, may not have been published previously and must not infringe upon any other person’s rights. Each recipe must include U.S. standard measurements, complete preparation instructions, cooking time and temperatures, number of servings, size of pans and any special utensils or cookware.
· The recipe judging criteria is as follows:
· Taste (taste and aroma) 1-30 points
· Originality, artistic flair 1-20 points
· Ease of preparation /clarity of recipe 1-10 points
· Overall Appearance/Consumer Appeal 1-30 points
By entering one or more recipes in the Contest, all finalists agree to participate in the national competition events. All finalists must agree to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions of the Amazing Scone Baking Race™ and the judges, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Amazing Scone Baking Race™.
Finalists' recipes will be automatically forwarded to King Arthur Flour where the recipes will be tested in the King Arthur Flour test kitchens. King Arthur Flour judges will determine the National Grand Prize Winner.
Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner at any time during the final competition, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. By submitting one or more recipes, each entrant accepts all Contest rules and agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final.
Each entrant also agrees that each original recipe and all legal rights and interests in said recipe, including the rights of copyright, become the exclusive property of the Amazing Scone Baking Race™ which reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer, and use any or all Contest entries, without compensation to the entrant or any third party.