Blue Ribbon Winning Recipes will be tested in the King Arthur Flour Kitchen
to compete for the National Grand Prize!
- All recipes become the property of the Amazing Scone Baking Race and King Arthur Flour Company.
- Products must be the work of the exhibitor. All entries may be baked by an amateur baker* or "professional" - a professional baker or chef.
- All entries must be baked at home from scratch. No commercial mixes will be allowed.
- All products must be baked with King Arthur Flour and proof of purchase attached to entry.
- All products must be covered and in a disposable container.
- Products that require refrigeration are unacceptable.
- Bakers may enter as many recipes as they wish as long as they provide 12 scones per recipe and a separate recipe page for each recipe entry.
- Bring your scones to your local merchant sponsor (see online locations) between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. See individual location insructions.
All entries will be assigned a number when delivered. Scone judging is done without knowledge as to who baked which scones.
Entries must be accompanied by the recipe typed on a recipe card or an 8 1/2” x 11” paper, listing all ingredients and procedures used; name, address, cell phone and e-mail of entrant.
Scones will be judged on appearance, texture, taste and ease of preparation/clarity of recipe.
· Taste (taste and aroma) 1-30 points
· Originality, artistic flair 1-20 points
· Ease of preparation /clarity of recipe 1-10 points
· Overall Appearance 1-30 points
Scone Baking Contest
Bring your scones, copy of your precise recipe, King Arthur Flour proof of purchase (bag logo or receipt) and official entry form(s) to the fair between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 26.
* Amateur baker is defined as receiving less than 50% of their annual income from professional baking or culinary craft.
Remember: for your scones to be judged, you must bring SIX scones per recipe per category when bringing in your entry on the day of the contest!
We'll answer you as quickly as possible!