Congratulations to 2011 Winners Amazing Scone Baking Race
Top Prize Winner, Dale Goff
Dale Goff, top points earner at the 2011 Clark County Fair, with his Blue Ribbon and with the judges:
Left to right: Jennifer Petersen, Dale Goff, Brandie Kajino, Luba Winter, Dotty Scott, Harriet Hatch
(missing Pat Jollota)
Choco Nutty Scones
baked by Dale Goff
Congratulations to the Winners at Clark County Fair 2011
Amazing Scones Go To The Movies - Classic Style
There are four scone categories for the baking contest. All categories are movie titles.
- My Fair Lady (plain scones or biscuits)
- Sweet Charity (miscellaneous, fruit, nut, sweet or savory)
- Mistress of Spices and Tea (must contain tea and/or spice)
- Free Willie (must be gluten-free or sugar-free or dairy-free)
The most entries were for Sweet Charity category. The fewer entries were for My Fair Lady. (That's a hint for competitive entries in the 2012 Amazing Scone Baking Race!)
Of all points tallied, the highest score and deemed to be the most delicious scones were
baked by Dale Goff for his Choco Nutty Scones. Dale's wife told us that he bakes scones
every day at home following his grandmother's tradition. His practice made perfect!
Congratulations to everyone who entered! You were all winners in my book! ~ Jennifer
Scone Winners by Category
Mistress of Spices and Tea
- Duran Gough - Blue Ribbon - Spiced Triangle Scone
- Oksana Globak - Red Ribbon - Spicy Cinnamon Scones
- Dale Goff - Blue Ribbon - Choco Nutty Scones
- Oksana Globak - Red Ribbon - Peaches Scones
- Duran Gough - White Ribbon - Sweet Nutty Bing Scones
- Shihzana Andriichuck - Blue Ribbon - Choco Scones Gluten-Free
My Fair Lady - No Entries
You, too, can be a winner at the 2012 Clark County Fair. Ready? Get Set! Bake!
To receive copies of the recipes, please join our mailing list.